If you suffer from chronic face and neck pain or headaches, you may have Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD) related to the temporomandibular joints (TMJ). Often referred to as TMJ or TMD, these conditions can be treated with orthodontia.
Symptoms of TMD include:
- Pain in the jaw area.
- Pain, ringing, or stuffiness in the ears.
- Frequent headaches or neck aches.
- Clicking or popping sound when the jaw moves.
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area.
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth.
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth.
Some jaw pain can be treated with lifestyle changes and non-invasive treatments to relax facial muscles, establish healthy posture, and prevent teeth grinding. In other cases, our practice may recommend more involved treatments to resolve the issue.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above on a regular basis, we recommend that you come in for a free consultation to explore which treatment options may work best for you.